Special Halloween Edition
It’s tough not to get caught up in all the spiced pumpkin hype during Halloween. We definitely take coffee seriously, but if there’s one time of the year you can have some fun and indulge your sweet tooth – it’s Halloween! So we’re giving you a tasty trick to keep up your sleeve when serving coffee to family and friends this Halloween!
Give this cafe quality Spiced Pumpkin Caramello Latte recipe a try from home!
SPICED PUMPKIN CARAMELLO LATTE RECIPE
Ingredients ( add salted caramel for a treat)
- 1 cup milk (Your choice of which milk type)
- 1 cup long black coffee made with Il Caramello
- 2 tablespoons canned pumpkin pie puree
- 2 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (¼ teaspoon cinnamon plus ¼ teaspoon nutmeg), plus extra for garnish
- Whipped cream for serving
- Sprinkles (Optional – if adding try Halloween Colours – black & orange)
How To Prepare It:
- Brew one long black using Il Caramello Coffee Beans for that tasty caramel essence.
– To brew one long black fill cup 3/4 of the way with water not boiling, just under at approximately 93 degrees and place cup under the portafilter then extract the coffee to make 1 cup.
- Prepare the flavouring in a saucepan over medium heat, whisk together the pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, milk, maple syrup, and vanilla extract until the mixture get’s smooth and slightly frothy. Heat the mixture gradually until it starts to steam, be sure not to let it boil as the milk might curdle.
- Add your cup of Il Caramello, stir until combined then remove from heat.
- Pour into a tall cup, then top it off with a hearty amount of whipped cream and scatter a dash of pumpkin pie spice and sprinkles over the top to finish (sprinkles optional).